Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pluto's memories - From my Old blog (Entry- 2005)

My Brother Pluto




Pluto is my brother; atleast my mother says so. She even considers him better than me and my sister. I am not surprised coz he deserves it. He has never been a dog to all who have known him well. To my mother, he is her only son. To little Avi, he is a short, white human-like-species with a tail who didn’t know how to talk. To Venkat Bhaiya, he is a baby who would never grow up.


Of all the people who do not consider him a dog. Little Avi (our neighbor’s son) is the only one who is convinced beyond doubt that Pluto is almost human. It was when Little Avi was only three years old that he was introduced to Pluto. “yeh dog mujhe katega” he had said and panicked. It had come as quite a revelation and relief to little Avi when Venkat Bhaiya (Pluto’s caretaker) declared that Pluto is not a dog. The biologists should have heard little Avi explain his mother that Pluto is not a dog but merely Pluto (which he assumed is a species close to “Homosapien Sapien”.)


Pluto was only 2 weeks old when my parents adopted him from our neighbor. He was born on 6th of October along with 2 brothers and 2 sisters. Kalu, was what he was named for he was darker than the others. My sister picked up Kalu among others coz he was the fattest; He still is, however my mother dismisses it as sign of prosperity. Kalu was then rechristened as Pluto after the famous Disney character.


I have always loved Pluto in my own subtle ways. From the time we were introduced both of us knew we were bonded. The greatest bond of all: the bond of love and Hate. Love in front of others and Hate when left by ourselves. My mother suspected that there was more to this seemingly innocent friendship especially when Pluto openly refused to acknowledge my existence. Her thoughts were confirmed when she saw me forcefully hug Pluto. He almost choked to death.


This relation was carefully nurtured by both the individuals involved; me and Pluto. Most of the times, Pluto would plot his revenge pretending to ignore me. The other times when he accepted my presence, he either choose to bite me or action his carefully plotted pranks. Some of his pranks would involve getting hold of my slippers and running off. It would take me hours of running all over the house to retrieve my possession. Sometime he would pound the door like fanatic and quietly walk off the other direction when I opened. It is unbelievable but I swear he did this to me.


I have had my own share of experiments that I had performed on Pluto. Note that these are serious experiments based on which some important conclusions have been drawn.


Experiment No. 1: I had once tried to pull one of the whiskers to check if it hurts, to which me responded with a growl. My conclusion of the experiment: whiskers cause aggression hence all males are advised to get rid of their whiskers/ mustache.


Experiment No. 2: Another time, I fed him the pop-o-magic powder which pop’s up once in touch with saliva. Ideally he would not eat anything that I give him but this time I tricked him. I fed him when he was yawning. In response to this; he stood frozen for whole two minutes. When he got over the shock, he gave me a look which said “You are dead!” My conclusion of the experiment: pop-o-magic could be renamed as freeze-o-magic and marketed as dog food to all the dogs with whiskers.


This Rakhi, I would like to put my best foot forward and propose a message of Peace – As long as we are away from each other we will stop plotting against me. Incase Darling Pluto agrees to this, he could respond with a “woff woff” next time I call home. If not he could respond with a “Grrr…” Fair enough right? No matter what you respond in, dear Pluto, I must confess something… my feeling for you will never change **a wicked grin** and this time when I am back home this time… I am gonna get you!


Happy Rakshabandhan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment